U.S. Tax Preparation Worldwide   James Maertin CPA

  Home    About     Get Started     Tax Guide     Fees     Pay Fee     Refund Status      Testimonials     Links     Policies

Regular Individuals -- U.S. Citizens & Resident Aliens (i.e., Green Card holders and foreign nationals who meet the substantial presence test)


To get started with your individual tax return preparation, please fill out a tax questionnaire.


No matter where you live in the U.S., I can provide you convenient, efficient and personal service year round.  All state tax returns are available.   To see how easy it is, just have a look at the procedures described on the main page.  While preparing your tax return, I always look for any potential tax savings to which you may be entitled.


As a tax preparation client, quick questions (generally those that take 5 minutes or less to answer) sent by email are complimentary.  Be sure to contact me before making any major financial decisions, to avoid putting yourself in an irretrievably adverse tax situation.


Worldwide income reporting:  All U.S. citizens, green card holders and residents aliens (which includes foreign workers on a U.S. visa who meet the substantial presence test) are required to report any income earned outside the United States.  You are also allowed to claim worldwide deductions, such as mortgage interest and property tax for a home located outside the U.S.


Foreign account and foreign asset reporting:  Click on link if you have foreign accounts and assets as you may be required to file Form 114 (an FBAR) and Form 8938 (included in the tax return). 


See Deductions for examples of deductible and non-deductible expenses.